Mr. McMillan is an attorney with our Information Technology and Corporate Law groups. He counsels clients on software licensing, data licenses, on-line service, technology consulting, and software development agreements, hosting agreements, non-disclosure agreements, vendor agreements, software as a service (SaaS) agreements, the management and protection of sensitive data, and various other information technology related contracts and transactions. In his corporate law practice Mr. McMillan represents clients in business acquisitions, dispositions and mergers, as well as providing ongoing counseling regarding business formation, corporate governance, contract law, and ancillary legal issues.
Before joining DMHD, Mr. McMillan worked as an associate attorney at another law firm and assisted their corporate and technology groups. He also has experience as in-house corporate counsel and privacy officer for a technology company. His experience serves as a foundation for his practice at DMHD. While obtaining his juris doctorate, Mr. McMillan worked with the Federal Communications Commission as a staff clerk, at the United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida as a student clerk, and as a summer associate for FIS Global.
Mr. McMillan is certified by (ISC)2 as a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (“CISSP”) – a leading cybersecurity certification.
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D., 2015
- Law Review, Senior Member
- Business Review, Managing Editor
- Florida State University, B.A., 2012
- Admitted to the Florida Bar
- Admitted to the United States Court for the Northern District of Florida
- The Jacksonville Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Section
- Admitted to the International Information System Security Certification Consortium