Ms. Trimmer’s primary focus is real estate, land use, zoning, and government law. As a registered lobbyist, she represents individuals, corporations, landowners and developers to secure business and development incentives as well as entitlements including land use, zoning, concurrency and mobility fee, and alcohol licensing approvals. She also provides legal counsel in real estate transactions including the leasing, acquisition, entitlement, financing, and development of all types of commercial and residential properties.
Ms. Trimmer served as a paralegal in Washington, DC for a decade before obtaining her Juris Doctorate and moving to Florida. Her practice prior to joining DMHD focused on community association law where she represented condominium and homeowners associations in all stages of governance.
- American University Washington College of Law, J.D, cum laude, 2010
- American University, B.A., magna cum laude, with honors (Law & Society/Psychology), 2003
- Admitted to Florida Bar
- Admitted to Maryland Bar (inactive)
- Admitted to United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- Florida Bar
- Wm. Reece Smith, Jr. Leadership Academy Class IV Fellow
- RPPTL Condominium and Planned Development Committee
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- City, County and Local Government Law Section
- Environmental and Land Use Law Section
- The Jacksonville Bar Association, Board of Governors
- Young Lawyers Section, Board of Governors, 2014-2018
- Bar Bulletin Editor-in-Chief, 2014-2018
- Jacksonville Women Lawyers Association, Board of Directors, President-Elect
- 4th Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission Oversight Committee
- Founder, JWLA Golf Academy
- NAIOP, Commercial Real Estate Development Association
- Urban Land Institute, Center for Leadership fellow
- Center for Leadership inaugural class fellow
- Women’s Leadership Initiative Committee
- 2018-2019 Center for Leadership
- Leadership Jacksonville, Class of 2020
- Winston YMCA Advisory Board
- Build, Put, Give, Board of Directors
- Junior League of Jacksonville
- K9s for Warriors ambassador and volunteer
- Jacksonville Area Legal Aid
- Citizenship Day
- Advance Directives for Seniors
- Lawyers in Libraries
- Thurgood Marshall Mock Trial Competition Judge (2014)
- House that AU Built, Board of Directors (1999-2003)
- AV Peer Review Rated by Lexis Nexis | Martindale Hubbell
- Jacksonville Business Journal 40 Under 40, 2019
- Daily Record 40 Under 40: Realtors and Home Builders, 2019
- SuperLawyers Rising Star (Land Use & Zoning), 2018-2019, 2019-2020
- Jacksonville Business Journal Ultimate Attorney, 2018
- 2017 Leaders in the Law by Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- Florida Trend Legal Elite Up and Comer, 2017 – 2019
- Martindale Hubbell Client Distinction Award
- Chair of the Year, Jacksonville Bar Association
- Volunteer of the Year, Young Lawyers Section, Jacksonville Bar Association
Publications and Presentations
- Presenter, Big Things Happening Downtown – An Overview of the New City of Jacksonville Downtown Overlay and More to Come, Jacksonville Bar Association Criser Seminar, November 20, 2019
- Moderator, State of the Market Jacksonville – Strong Fundamentals and Growing Economy, Bisnow, November 7, 2019
- Author, What Do You Mean I Can’t Bring My Dog To the Brewery?, Jacksonville Daily Record, November 1, 2018
- Moderator, Be Heard in Florida’s Capital City and City Hall, Jacksonville Women Lawyers Association, November 9, 2017
- Author, Wait a Second! What’s Going On With the Bar Bulletin?, Financial News and Daily Record, June 5, 2017
- Author, Getting the Most Out of Your Next Networking Opportunity, Financial News and Daily Record, September 19, 2016
- Co-Author, Limitations: Potentially Fatal Defect In Your Construction Defect Claim, 5th Annual Construction Law Institute 2012, Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section.
- Peer Review Editor, Construction Law Institute, 2013, Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section.
- Research Assistant, The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act: Revenge of the Debtor, Community Association Law – The New Normal, 2013, Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section.
- Author, Connecting with the Judiciary Through Afternoon at the Courthouse and Other Events, Financial News and Daily Record, October 20, 2014
- Author, Supreme Court Rules that Liens Cannot be Stripped in Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Proceedings, The Community Connection Volume 2, Issue 3, Community Associations Institute.
- Editor, Condominiums and Homeowners’ Associations, Advanced Construction Law Certification Review Course, 2016, Florida Bar Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section.
- Editor, Case Management for Complex Construction Cases: Rules, Tools & Suggestions to Manage Your Case, Construction Law Institute, 2016, Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section.