Ms. Rhode focuses her practice on environmental and natural resources law and has represented government and business clients on such things as permitting, due diligence, compliance, remediation, and enforcement issues. Prior to relocating to Jacksonville, Ms. Rhode served as Senior Assistant Attorney General and Section Chief of the Environmental and Natural Resources Division of the Virginia Attorney General’s Office, representing the environmental health, environmental, and natural resources agencies of the Commonwealth and providing counsel regarding air; water and wetlands; waste; renewable energy; animal law; and marine, mining, timber, and other natural resource issues. She also has many years of private legal experience representing individual and institutional clients across disciplines within the regulated community and holds a Master’s degree in Regulation.
Ms. Rhode additionally practices corporate law (including mergers and acquisitions), business, contracts, venture capital, and securities law. She represents clients in business acquisitions, dispositions and mergers, as well as providing ongoing counseling regarding business formation, corporate governance, contract law, and ancillary legal issues. She also counsels clients in obtaining capital through private placements, venture capital investments, and other financing transactions.
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 2004
- The London School of Economics and Political Science, MsC in Regulation with Merit (Concentration in Environmental Regulation), 2005
- University of North Carolina, B.A., Highest Honors (Economics, minor in Environmental Studies), 2000
- Admitted to the Florida Bar
- Admitted to the Virginia Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- The Jacksonville Bar Association
- Virginia Super Lawyers Magazine Rising Star, 2009
- James C. Roberts Outstanding Contributions in Pro Bono Award (2009)
- Virginia Leading Lawyer in Environmental Law by Chambers USA (2012)