Mr. Saitta, a partner at DMHD, specializes in patent, trademark and copyright law, with emphasis on prosecution of patents and trademarks before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. An AV-rated attorney, he is Board Certified in Intellectual Property Law. Mr. Saitta assists individual inventors, start-ups, small businesses, corporations and universities in all aspects of intellectual property law. He has successfully written and prosecuted over 500 patents and has handled over 750 trademark applications and registrations for clients.
Mr. Saitta was a Patent Examiner in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office in the mid-1980’s, working in Chemical Examining Group 150 – High Polymer Chemistry, Plastics, Coating, Photography, Stock Materials & Compositions, with performance rated at greater than 125% of goal. This experience provided Mr. Saitta with invaluable insight into the inner workings of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, with particular regard to the patent examination process. Mr. Saitta’s Masters’ Degree in Engineering enhances his ability to understand the complexities of the inventions that he prosecutes for his clients. His university course work focused on the properties of materials (plastics, metals, ceramics), organic chemistry, thermodynamics, analytical instruments and other engineering disciplines. At university he performed laboratory research in metal failure analysis, polymers and biomedical polymers, such as cancer-drug targeting microspheres, lens implants and surface studies, utilizing major analytical instrumentation and techniques (XPS, SEM, AES, RBS).
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., 1978
- University of Florida, Masters in Engineering, 1983
- Florida State University, B.A., magna cum laude, 1975
- Admitted to the Florida Bar, Board Certified in Intellectual Property
- The Jacksonville Bar Association
- Registered Patent Attorney, United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Patent and Trademark Office Society, Member
- American Intellectual Property Law Association, Member
- AV Peer Review Rated by Lexis Nexis | Martindale Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in America in the practice area of Patent Law (2018)
- Florida’s Super Lawyers list (2007, 2011 – 2018)
- Florida Trend’s Legal Elite
- Jacksonville Business Journal’s 2016 Jacksonville Ultimate Attorney