Richard W. Hawthorne is a partner at DMHD, where he focuses on real estate and banking law. He represents buyers and sellers in commercial and residential real estate transactions, landlords and tenants in commercial leasing and developers of multifamily housing and retail buildings. He also has significant experience representing buyers and sellers of debt obligations.
Mr. Hawthorne previously worked for Arthur Anderson & Co. (Jacksonville, Florida) as a tax accountant, Foley & Lardner LLP (Jacksonville, Florida), first as an associate then as a partner, and as general counsel and project manager for Thomas-Pierce & Company (Tallahassee, Florida) before joining DMHD in 2009 as a partner.
- University of Florida, J.D. with Honors, 1992
- Florida Law Review
- Order of the Coif
- University of Florida, B.S., with honors (Accounting), 1988
- Admitted to the Florida Bar
- American Bar Association
- The Jacksonville Bar Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Museum of Contemporary Art, Vice-chair of Board of Trustees
- Community Hospice and Palliative Care, Board of Directors
- Beaches Habitat for Humanity, Board of Directors
- AV Peer Review Rated by Lexis Nexis | Martindale Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in America in the practice area of Real Estate Law (2016-2019)
- Florida Trend’s Legal Elite (multiple years)
- Jacksonville’s Top Lawyers in Jacksonville Magazine.